We are thrilled to have such a vibrant, multi-cultural community of people just across the border from us. We would be very pleased to host you here at the Inn! It is a joy for us to learn about new people from many backgrounds and cultures. We very much enjoy visiting Canada frequently ourselves.
We would like to be as helpful to you as we can as you cross the border to be our guest. Here are some links that may be helpful to you
- Food allowed to bring into the US
- Food allowed to bring into Canada
- Border wait times
- Currency exchange rates
Some considerations for you in staying with us include:
- Your cell phone may be expensive to use. We are happy to have you use our phone, which has free Canadian long distance, when urgent situations arise. We are also happy to receive messages for you.
- Our credit card company charges us an additional 1% (over the usual 3%) when an international credit card billing address is used, which we do have to pass on to you. However, we are pleased to accept CA$ checks as an alternative, so long as we receive them well in advance of your stay (as they take longer to clear the bank). If there is an exchange balance due either direction, we can settle that up in Canadian or US cash during your stay. We are always happy to accept Canadian currency for items paid at the time of stay, based on the current exchange rate.
- Please note that it can take more than 10 days for mail from the Vancouver area to reach us, and vice versa. We are not sure why this is, but that is the reality of the mail system these days. Please allow for such mail delays in planning correspondence.
- There are several banks nearby. Head towards town on Mt. Baker Highway about 2 miles, and turn left at the major intersection with Woburn. You will see many banks on this street.
- Our cable does include some Canadian stations including: CBUT-2 and CBC. To see the other stations we have, go to Wave Broadband. See the channels listed under both local and basic cable.
- We also readily receive several Canadian FM radio stations here.
We hope you have a wonderful stay here in the US.